About StudentsInsured

StudentsInsured helps students across the world to find affordable, reliable insurances. We value personal service: if you have any questions, let us know!

Contact us

Save on your insurance for studying abroad

More and more students go abroad for studies or internships. Apart from your visa, housing and university, a good health insurance with repatriation is one of the most important matters you will have to arrange. StudentsInsured can help you find a reliable, comprehensive insurance at an affordable price. 

Students from Europe or traveling to Europe

More information & get quote

Other students

More information & get quote 

Why do I need an (additional) insurance?

As an international student or intern is essential to have a good international student insurance. For example, what do you do if you end up in a foreign hospital, or if you have an emergency situation and need to return home urgently? Additionally, the Schengen student visa requires you to be properly insured.

Importantly, many US colleges and Universities have mandatory insurances. These insurances are often very expensive. It is possible in most cases to ‘waive’ this requirement by providing a suitable alternative. StudentsInsured offers a cheap alternative to your university insurance with the GBG Tiecare student insurances.

This insurance also meets the requirements for J1 & F1 student visas.

Finding and selecting the right insurance for your study or internship abroad

With so many travel insurance options on the market, finding the right insurance can be a challenge. To help you, StudentsInsured has combined the coverage you need in the Insurance Passport for Students and the Global Student Freedom insurance. These insurance packages meet the requirements of your visa purposes and have a student-friendly price!

What if I already have a health- and/or travel insurance?

In general, local health and travel insurance plans do not provide sufficient coverage abroad. Your health insurance is likely to limit the coverage for your stay abroad. Similarly, travel insurance plans have limitations. In most cases, a duration limit of 30, 60 or 90 days of consecutive traveling applies. In other cases, non-recreational trips are excluded from coverage, which means that you don’t get any coverage during your study or internship abroad.

The IPS by StudentsInsured and the Global Student Freedom of GBG are specifically designed for studies or internships abroad, with coverage up to several consecutive years.

Won’t I have double coverage?

It is a possibility that you have multiple insurances that has the same coverage as the IPS or GBG insurance for some categories. Besides a small possible overlap in coverage, you’ll see that the special student insurances provide important coverage for the gaps in your current insurances. Your own insurances will not be suitable for visa requirements as well.